As you’ll know we are working hard on the main GameGuru update, which will bring you DirectX 11 and PBR. Alongside that, and in response to feedback from the Steam community, we have made some small improvements to the Fantasy Pack DLC.
When you create a Player Start Marker and assign it a weapon, you will find five weapons for your fantasy games including an axe, bow, knife, sword and a fireball spell.
Today we have released the first set of tutorials for AppGameKit Tier2 C++ development. This new series of tutorials aims to help users who want to move from Tier1 AppGameKit scripting to Tier2 C++ development.
In this first set of tutorials you'll learn how to install and setup Tier 2 on Windows, Mac and Android. Over the course of these tutorials, we’ll introduce you to everything you need to program your own games using the AppGameKit C++ libraries.
AppGameKit VR has new features and improvements based on our community feedback.
- New commands to set the global position and rotation of the Head Mounted Display in the 3D world
- Ability to render to each eye individually
- Added the ability to render depth textures
- New ability to get lower level controller button feedbacks to better support Oculus controllers
- Added the capability to return a float value from Oculus Touch grip triggers
- Feedback and control of Steam's chaperone (boundary grid)
- Added hardware information feedbacks
- Fixed a problem with the SetPlayerRotation command
- Allow the use of a custom skybox instead of the SteamVR room when application is too busy to render new images
- Added a command to cleanly shut-down AGKVR
This new version uses the very latest OpenVR dll so be sure to download all files (Open VR, AppGameKit VR Plugin, Tier 1 and Tier2 demos).
In time for the holiday season we're proud to bring you the very latest version of AppGameKit!
New in this version is a batch of new Box2D commands, access to Text to Speech for mobile devices, iWatch commands, Tier2 C++ support for Visual Studio 2017 and many other tweaks and fixes that our community has requested. We're also gifting everyone a free set of Christmas themed graphics that you can use in any of your game making projects!
Today the new AppGameKit Shader Pack has been released with a 25% week one launch discount. This new DLC provides a cool set of graphical shader effects you can use in your AppGameKit projects.