We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
THE GAME CREATORS Ltd websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties and these websites will have their own privacy notices and THE GAME CREATORS Ltd encourage users to review them. THE GAME CREATORS Ltd does not accept any responsibility or liability for the practices of such third-party websites and users should read carefully their privacy statements. THE GAME CREATORS Ltd understands that some communications may be relevant to users and others are not and some unsolicited communications are unwelcome, so it is fully committed to ensuring that the rights and obligations set out in law are respected.
2. Collecting personal information
THE GAME CREATORS Ltd may ask for limited personal information when users register to receive a service from us. The information collected will vary depending on the part of the website visited, but only by supplying this data, is THE GAME CREATORS Ltd able to provide users with the services requested.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name, which is optional, and email address);
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts);
- Information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication); and
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
3. Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business;
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website or our products;
- Deal with THE GAME CREATORS Ltd software support requests made by you;
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
4. Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
5. Retaining personal information
This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. We will send email and other marketing communications for a maximum of 24 months after initial collection unless there has been some subsequent positive contact (eg. purchase, clicking email, visiting website).
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
6. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-protected) servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password except when you log in to our website or your Game Creators account.
8. Opting Out of the various activities
If you do not wish to receive certain types of communication, just let us know. Any marketing communications you receive from us will always include a clear, simple method to 'opt-out' of future communications.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
We want to put you in control of the information you receive from us. Settings in your account page enable you to decide whether you wish to receive only specific types of information or none at all. You can change your settings anytime in your account profile.
9. Your rights
- The right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
- The right to have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information;
- The right to object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes;
- The right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”);
- Where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions;
- The right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters (e.g. in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office).
Provision of such rights will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
If you request a copy of your information you may be required to pay a statutory fee.
We may withhold personal information that you request or refuse erasure of data to the extent permitted by law.
10. Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
11. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
12. IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
14. Our details
This website is owned and operated by THE GAME CREATORS Ltd.
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 03738984, and our registered office is at Trent House, 234 Victoria Road, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 2LW, United Kingdom.
Last updated: 15th March 2021