Welcome to the quarterly update for AppGameKit Studio. The build is slightly delayed from its intended release date of 12th December due to a code signing issue, but we managed to get it out before Christmas!
This update focuses on a new way to code AppGameKit Studio with Visual Studio CODE and a range of important bug fixes.
Visual Studio CODE
We've created an extension for Visual Studio CODE that lets you edit, compile, broadcast and run your AppGameKit projects. This early Alpha version is available to anyone to try and we'd like to hear your feedback on it. Please post your experiences into this forum thread.
The VSCode extension can be installed using the "vsix" file located in the VSCode folder in your AppGameKit Studio install folder. Then in the extension settings set the AppGameKit Path setting to the folder where you installed AppGameKit Studio. E.g. "C:\Program Files\AGK Studio".
You can use the same shortcuts F5 (Run), F6 (Broadcast), F7 (Compile), and F8 (Debug) as the original AppGameKit IDE, however the debug option currently only runs the app, it does not provide any debugging features yet.
We intend to publish the VSCode extension to the market place in the near future.
Bug Fixes and changes
- Exported Amazon APKs now target API 31 (Android 12)
- Fixed Alt key combinations causing a system sound on Windows
- Fixed APK export causing a warning in google Play about the billing library version
- Fixed InAppPurchaseSetup failing unless both a normal and subscription product are added
- Fixed IndexOf when used on arrays of types
- Fixed JSON parser not decoding \u characters
- Fixed apps including the User Tracking description when it isn't used, causing rejections by Apple
- Fixed Chartboost not setting the COPPA restrictions if SetAdMobChildRating is set
- Fixed AdMob not setting MaxAdContentRating if SetAdMobChildRating is set
- Added VSCode extension to allow compiling, running, and broadcaster for VSCode
As usual Steam owners of AppGameKit Studio will have the update ready for them. TheGameCreators customers can download the new version direct from our servers from their order history area of the TheGameCreators website