AppGameKit VR has new features and improvements based on our community feedback.
- New commands to set the global position and rotation of the Head Mounted Display in the 3D world
- Ability to render to each eye individually
- Added the ability to render depth textures
- New ability to get lower level controller button feedbacks to better support Oculus controllers
- Added the capability to return a float value from Oculus Touch grip triggers
- Feedback and control of Steam's chaperone (boundary grid)
- Added hardware information feedbacks
- Fixed a problem with the SetPlayerRotation command
- Allow the use of a custom skybox instead of the SteamVR room when application is too busy to render new images
- Added a command to cleanly shut-down AGKVR
This new version uses the very latest OpenVR dll so be sure to download all files (Open VR, AppGameKit VR Plugin, Tier 1 and Tier2 demos).
AppGameKit Tier2 Starter's Guide
With the recent update to AppGameKit allowing support for Visual Studio 2017, we're now rolling out an update to the Tier2 Starter's Guide that covers using VS2017.
If you purchased AppGameKit directly from Steam we'd really like to hear what you think of AppGameKit by posting a review on the Steam store. It helps new users with their buying decisions and it helps us learn what our customers think.