The Game Creators announce Dark Dynamix, the ultimate physics and collision solution for your DarkBASIC Professional and DarkGDK games.
Powered by PhysX, Dark Dynamix is a professional-grade physics engine harnessing NVIDIA technology utilised in many AAA titles, providing you with super fast multi-threaded physics and collision. Designed specifically for your language of choice – whether it be DarkBASIC Professional or DarkGDK – you will find over 350 commands to control your physics-enabled world. The command sets include:
- Rigid Body Dynamics – The core of any physics system. With Dark Dynamix you can enable any object with as little as one command.
- Character Controller - It’s never been easier to get your character interacting with the environment, automatic sliding collision, stair stepping and slope limits. Change the size on the fly and set up jumping, crouching and strafing with hardly any effort
- Height Fields - If you want vast landscapes that interact seamlessly with your physical objects, height fields will optimise your scene.
- Triangle Mesh - complexity is no longer an issue with the ability to handle detailed meshes.
- Trigger Zones - quite simply the quickest and easiest way to implement cause and effect without complex algorithms.
- Materials - Give your objects different properties to simulate different materials such as metal, rubber, and wood
- Joints - Like the real world, glue, bolt and pivot objects with numerous joints
- Ragdolls - Bring your characters to life as they die, your players will never fall the same way twice whether that be careering down stairs, off balconies or falling limp to their knees.
- Vehicles - Simulate any vehicle you can imagine, from a unicycle to an articulated lorry or even an aeroplane.
- Fluids / Particles - A particle system which will also react to your game environment, simulate rain, snow, smoke, water, slime etc.
- Soft Body Dynamics - Get your game objects squishing and squashing. Simulate inflated tyres, squashy bugs, trees that bend and sway in the wind.
- Debug Renderer and Visual Debugger - to ease the design process
- Documentation and Examples - Plenty of examples fully coded for DBPro and DarkGDK with extra information in the included help file.
Load up the Dark Dynamix product page for more detail on these features,simplified convex meshes, raycasting, contacts, collisions, fluids, particles, force fields, hardware acceleration and more. You can also download our interactive demo, and take the Dark Dynamix buggy for a test drive.